- The Grand Strand has a white sandy beach that runs almost sixty miles from North Myrtle Beach to Pawleys Island.
- Well over 100 golf courses, most with very reasonable rates.
- The restaurants and places like the historic village of Murrells Inlet is known as the "Seafood Capitol of South Carolina”. The Grand Strand has over 1800 restaurants.
- Mild Climate: Temperatures along the southern coast are usually cooler than inland areas during the summer because of the sea breeze. Source: S.C. State Climate Office
- South Carolina does not tax Social Security income.
- There is no inheritance tax or estate tax.
- Low property taxes (Median property tax on South Carolina's median home value of $139,200 is $788,